Friday, September 12, 2008

Alaska Trip

In May we went on a Cruise to Alaska. It was great. We were treated like royalty!!! We had so much fun. As you know we are new at blogging. I tried to put theses pictures in order, but they didn't cooperate. So that is what we came up with...
Beautiful fruit and veggies flower arrangement at dinning room.

Totems on the street.

Gorgeous flower at Butchart Gardens, Victoria-Canada
We went on a helicopter tour to the Glaciers. This is a crevice in the glacier.
Ed decide to check it out to see how cold it was. Ask him about it.
We went hiking at Denali Forest. I loved this Skunk Cabbage and bear love them too. They eat the roots.

Wild mushroom on a tree.

We saw many icebergs, but this was one of my favorite.

Famous Original Salmon Bake. It was good, but I prefer mine.

Glaciers

This rock is supported by this block of ice. Interesting.
Mendehall Glacier


One of the highlights was to go Whale Watching. Guide said that we usually get to see 2-3 whales in a 2 hour period. We saw about 30 whales. It isn't a fishermen story. It is true!!!! It is beatiful seeing them jumping on the water, as they do not hold still for me take pictures, so I gave up on pics. and got only its tail.

There are lots of water falls around Glaciers and Forest etc.
We were amazed by the size of moss hanging around.
This is our little ship with about 5,000 people in(passengers and crew)

Enjoying life....

This was one of the dress up night. We had dinner with people we have not met. This is one of the good things. Every meal you have the chance to sit by people you do not know and make new friends. We met people from east coast, California, first-timers cruisers, experiencied cruises, people from other countries etc.

I loved walking on the very top. I could see and feel the ocean with its magnitude and beauty. Some days it was cold for me, I bundled up...
Before we entered the boat we went sightseeing in Seattle, WA.
This is the Pike Market with its beautiful flowers
And also beautiful food.
And fish!!! And lobster!!!!

Workshop where totem poles are made.


"Love Boat" where your dreams come true....

1 comment:

Holly said...

My favorites are the ones with you dressed as ski bums, the picture on the boat and the dressed up picture!